The New Enterprise Incentive Scheme (NEIS) provides support to people interested in starting their own business or who need help to refocus an existing micro-business impacted by COVID-19.
- accredited small business training
- help to develop a business plan
- personalised mentoring and support from a NEIS provider
- NEIS Allowance for up to 39 weeks, and NEIS Rental Assistance for up to 26 weeks (if eligible).
You can participate in NEIS if you:
- are at least 18 years of age when starting your new business
- are not prohibited by law from working in Australia
- are not an overseas visitor on a working holiday or an overseas student studying in Australia
- are available to participate in NEIS training (if relevant) and work the required hours in your proposed business
- have not participated in NEIS in the past year
- are not an undischarged bankrupt.
To find out more about applying, talk with a NEIS provider located in your area. You can find a list of NEIS providers on the Find a Provider page on the jobactive website.