My business got support but I need it too
Running a small business can be tough. It’s really important to look after yourself. Regular exercise, a healthy diet and getting enough sleep is a good start, but sometimes you need more support.
The good news is there is help available if you need it. Get free mental health support from qualified coaches through Beyond Blue’s NewAccess for Small Business Owners program.
The New Enterprise Incentive Scheme (NEIS) provides support to people interested in starting their own business or who need help to refocus an existing micro-business impacted by COVID-19.
- accredited small business training
- help to develop a business plan
- personalised mentoring and support from a NEIS provider
- NEIS Allowance for up to 39 weeks, and NEIS Rental Assistance for up to 26 weeks (if eligible).
You can participate in NEIS if you:
- are at least 18 years of age when starting your new business
- are not prohibited by law from working in Australia
- are not an overseas visitor on a working holiday or an overseas student studying in Australia
- are available to participate in NEIS training (if relevant) and work the required hours in your proposed business
- have not participated in NEIS in the past year
- are not an undischarged bankrupt.
To find out more about applying, talk with a NEIS provider located in your area. You can find a list of NEIS providers on the Find a Provider page on the jobactive website.