The JobMaker Hiring Credit scheme is an incentive for businesses to employ additional young job seekers aged 16–35 years.
Eligible employers can access the JobMaker Hiring Credit for each eligible additional employee they hire between 7 October 2020 and 6 October 2021. Eligible employers may receive payments of up to $200 a week for each eligible additional employee aged 16 to 29 years old inclusive and $100 a week for each eligible additional employee aged 30 to 35 years old inclusive.
Employers may be eligible if all of the following apply:
- has registered for the JobMaker Hiring Credit scheme
- holds an ABN
- is registered for pay as you go (PAYG) withholding
- has not claimed JobKeeper payments for a fortnight that started during the JobMaker period
- is up to date with income tax and GST returns for the two years up to the end of the JobMaker period for which they are claiming
- satisfies the payroll increase and the headcount increase conditions
- satisfies reporting requirements, including up to date Single Touch Payroll (STP) reporting
- does not belong to one of the ineligible employer categories.
Eligible employers can register for the JobMaker Hiring Credit scheme.
Once registered, eligible employers can claim the JobMaker Hiring Credit payment for each JobMaker period.
To complete registration for the JobMaker Hiring Credit, employers must provide:
- baseline headcount
- baseline payroll amount
- contact details.
This information can be provided through either:
You can claim JobMaker Hiring Credit payments from 1 February 2021 as long as you have registered and met the other eligibility requirements (including reporting through Single Touch Payroll).