The Australian Small Business and Family Enterprise Ombudsman (ASBFEO) is looking for tomorrow’s capable and professional leaders to drive and develop our Assistance Team. This is your opportunity to make a positive contribution to Australian small businesses and family enterprises.
The role of the ASBFEO is to:
- provide access to dispute resolution services to assist businesses to resolve disputes without resorting to costly litigation
- advocate for small businesses and family enterprises
- ensure that government policies take into account the needs of small businesses and family enterprises.
We are recruiting Case Managers to fill vacancies in our Assistance Team (Canberra-based).
The role of a Case Manager involves investigating challenges and issues raised with the Ombudsman by individual small businesses and family enterprises, and providing recommendations on options for resolution, including alternative dispute resolution.
Case Managers are responsible for all aspects of a request for assistance, which can involve a diverse range of stakeholders and issues. We are an independent party and exist to help small businesses and family enterprises find a way to resolve their dispute.
Case Managers are responsible for:
- consulting and collaborating with a broad range of stakeholders, including but not limited to Commonwealth government departments and agencies, state and territory agencies, private enterprises, peak industry bodies and individuals on small business and family enterprise matters
- providing direct assistance to small businesses and family enterprises by actively managing cases raised with the office
- delivering a wide range of projects, conducting research and analysis, and providing high level advice on complex matters affecting small businesses
- assessing themes and trends confronting small businesses and family enterprises
- preparing reports, briefings, submissions, speeches, replies to parliamentary questions and other correspondence
- representing the office and engaging a broad range of small businesses, family enterprises, representative organisations and government agencies.
Desirable qualifications / experience
- Small business experience, peak industry body, government relationship or case management experience.
- Tertiary qualification(s) in a relevant field, including but not limited to economics, law, accounting, business, finance, public policy or political science.
- Relevant business/work experience in lieu of a tertiary qualification will also be considered favourably.
What we are looking for
As a successful candidate, you must be willing to:
- support and engage with the future direction of the office
- be flexible and agile to meet immediate needs and future challenges
- be team-orientated, have energy and determination to succeed
- be able to make sound decisions and exercise judgment
- be open, accountable and of high integrity.
What we offer you
ASBFEO offers a varied range of opportunities, experiences and exposure.
We are committed to supporting your career development by giving you the tools you need to build the career that you want – whether it is within the public or private sector. We achieve this through:
- promoting an inclusive workplace that welcomes and respects people from diverse backgrounds
- offering flexible working opportunities to ensure a meaningful work-life balance
- promoting continued learning through an attractive studies assistance program, secondment opportunities and a variety of in-house training and leadership events.
We offer attractive salaries and employer superannuation as well as a range of other benefits, including generous leave entitlements, an annual healthy lifestyle payment and a closedown period over the Christmas holiday.
Salary range is $60,000 - $80,000.
If this sounds like you, apply now by sending your CV and a cover letter to telling us why you're the right person for the job to email@example.com. Your cover letter should be no more than one page in length.
For further information about the position, please contact Craig Latham on 02 6121 5050.