Grants and assistance
If you are looking to grow your business, there are grants and financial assistance available to support a range of activities including exporting and research and development.
Grants and other funding programs are available from Australian, state and territory governments and in some cases, from local councils. There are grants and other forms of financial assistance available for a range of business activities such as expanding your business, research and development, innovation and exporting.
Find available grants through the Grants and Assistance Finder.
If you need help with business planning and management for your business, search for your nearest government-funded business advisor using Advisory Services.
Industry Skills Fund
The Industry Skills Fund can assist your business to invest in training and support services and to develop innovative training solutions for your business.
There is help available in two categories:
· skills advice - help identifying skills opportunities and maximising training outcomes
· training grant - co-investment for businesses to improve the skills of their workforce for an identified growth opportunity.
Businesses that are awarded funding under the Industry Skills Fund must financially co-contribute to the proposed project. The amount you are required to contribute will depend on the size of your business.
The Industry Skills Fund focuses on businesses in identified priority industries, however, if your business isn’t in a priority industry, you may still be eligible to apply.
To find out if your business is eligible, call 13 28 46.
Entrepreneurs’ Infrastructure Programme
The Entrepreneurs’ Infrastructure Programme aims to improve business competitiveness and productivity through advice and support provided by advisers with relevant experience.
The Programme offers support to businesses through three elements:
- business management – providing support for business improvement and growth
- Research Connections – helping small businesses collaborate with the research sector to develop new ideas with commercial potential
- Accelerating Commercialisation – helping entrepreneurs, researchers, start-ups and businesses address key challenges associated with bringing novel products, processes and service to the market.
To be eligible under the Programme, applicants must meet the eligibility criteria.
To find out more, call 13 28 46.